The 80 V type was bought by Budapest Street Railway Company (BKVT) in 1911-12. The cars recieved numbers 1001-1080. The Budapest-Budafok Local Electric Railway (BBVV) bought two types of cars with this outfit:
Wooden framed motorcars
BKVT's V type tramcar (# 1047) still in the Ganz factory.
These cars were the largest and most powerful cars of BKVT, so they ran on the busiest sections.
BBVV's # 47, E type (later M V type) car in Budafok depot.
These cars ran to Törökbálint and later on all lines of the Budafok BHÉV line. A long section was electrified with 500 V on this line, so these cars ran only extremly slow at these sections.
In the terminus of Zugliget (line 81, later 58) tramcar # 1050.
In 1939 30 cars were reconstructed for gradient tracks of line 59 and 81. The cars were supplied with magnetic track brakes, wich operated also in case of using the rheostatic brake. Furthermore the cars couldn't roll away on the hills, because the rheostatic brake operated automatically.
The V type recieved a uniform steel body from 1958-61.
|A wooden framed car # 1063 at Nagyvárad tér, at the terminus of line 63 in 1958.|
|The # 1063 with steel frame. The car is near the terminus of line 59 at Farkasrét (around 1960).|
The M IV cars recieved an early version of steel body between 1938-51.
The M V type cars recieved also the uniform steel frame in 1956-58.
steel-bodied M IV type motorcar # 2006 at Móricz Zsigmond körtér, on line
N to Nagytétény, pulling two four-axle trailer.
From 1938 the Nagytétény line's voltage was changed to 1000 V, so the M IV type recieved more powerful 1000 V motors - so on the inner section (from Albertfalva to the Móricz Zs. körtér) of the line these cars ran also half-speed on 500 V. The M IV cars were in use until the mid '70s on BHÉV lines.
M V # M1038 EMU in Csepel depot (in the '70s).
Two cars was rebuilt two a multiple unit EMU. They ran with two trailers in the rush hour, but they could be separated to two motor + driving trailer units. Four M V cars stayed on BHÉV, they served the H line from Csepel to Pesterzsébet.
The Budafok line was taken over by the tram co. FVV - this time the
1000 V sections were converted to 500 V. To use the M V cars, they needed
500 V motors. So the company decided to convert same pieces of 1000ers
and M V cars to twin units: so from each twin unit they recieved two motors,
wich could be applied to the M V units. The controllers were supplied from
the M Vs.
cars # 1916+1917 & # 1946+1947 on the terminus of (partially single
track) line 43 and 43A in Budafok (early '70s). The # 1916+1917 has different
current collector (the pantograph is for the usage, the lyra is in case
of collector break).
This is the line formally was the Nagytétény BHÉV line.
car # 1911 in Árpád út on line 10.
This car also comes from depot, since it has a red table. These cars were scrapped until 1984.
The 1000ers were the last two-axle motorcars in use until 1984.
|On the line 56 (# 1068) pulling one trailer (mid '70s).|
|One of the last surviving car is # 1000 on line 56B (early '80s).|
1075 on line 41 terminus at Budafok depot.
The last cars of the type V was in service on line 41 in 1984.
|An unknown 1000er in Városmajor.|
|The # 1074 rebuilt back to its original wooden-frame outlook on the Krisztina körút ('90s).|