|The first S type car (# 551) can be seen on this picture in 1907. Notice thepulled out plough between the wheels.|
|On the line 7 pulling a middle-entrance trailer from the series5600 (in the '30s) at the loop near Nyugati pályaudvar (Western RailwaySt.) terminus.|
Keleti pu. (Eastern Railway St.) on line 25 (in 1957).
These cars had their original motors, wich weren't suitable topull trailers with higher speed of the '50s; that's why the high pressure-airpipe for braking in the front was removed. In solo they could reach only30-35 km/h.
In 1961 the solo cars were partially scrapped, partially soldto Szeged and Debrecen.
car on the line 9 at Móricz Zs. körtér terminus (in 1957).
From 1950 they started to form twin cars, because there were moretermini without a loop. These cars were renumbered to 1700 series.
The coupling between the cars # 1714+1715. The cars couldn't beseparated, the cables and pipes were fix.
The basic idea of the twin units is to use two cars: removingon motor and controller from each, so the electric circuits remained ason a solo car. A peculiarity of the early version of 1700 series was thaton the twin unit remained four motors since their original motor was weak.Later they installed more powerful motors, in this outfit there was onlyone motor on each car.
|A twin car # 1748+1749 in front of Budafok depot, after rebuldingwith two motors (in the end of '50s).|
|A hold-up in Újpest on the lines 10 and 55 near their temporaryterminus (in 1974).|
Remained as nostalgy tram
Moszkva tér the car 1714+1715 as a special car in 1982.
This twin car was left after scrapping. In 1987 the 1715 was rebuilt toits original shape as BKVT # 611, and runs as a special tram of BKV. The1714 is waiting its restoring: it is planned to build it to BSzKRt tramcar.
|On Könyves Kálmán körút, at Ferencváros depot.|
|A special tram # 611 on Nagytétényi út around 1993 - today this section is abandoned.|